Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Decorating on the Cheap


I am so ready for spring, and have been adding flowers all around the house!  Stemmed flowers can get really expensive though.  I was so excited when I made this little arrangement for $4!

It reminds me of the Kate Spade Crystal Bud Bowls which range from $75 - $150.  I found the vase at Walmart for $2!!  So inexpensive!  They have a ton of great vases there right now.


The flowers are from the Dollar Store.  I only had to buy one stem for the whole arrangement.  Woo hoo!


I am always looking for ways to decorate with food.  I love the texture of these beans and it's a lot less expensive than buying rocks.  This whole bag was $1.50.


Good deals just make my day!!



9 comments:

  1. I've found Walmart, Target, and Michael's offer affordable vases that give the same look as the expensive ones. The talent lies in the arranger, and your arrangement is elegant and beautiful; love the white beans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great and gotta love the price...now if only it was 18 degrees outside with feet of snow life would be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci, thats a fantastic deal!!! I couldn't even tell. Good job :D
    Im a bargain hunter and I love it when I can make the same thing that would cost a lot for a fraction of the cost..:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. the beans are an awesome idea!! i would have never thought of using beans in decorating. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and I love the touch the beans add!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I never would have thought. It's a great idea! I need to do this. By the way pink is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous, you did an amazing job! Thanks for the great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea with the lima beans! I'm saving that idea for future reference!!

    ReplyDelete