Friday, January 21, 2011

Knife Block Facelift

Thank you HOH for this awesome project!!!  Love it!!



I was so excited about it I almost forgot to take my before picture.  I wasn't about to put all the knives back in, but you get the idea.  Average... boring... knife block...


Fill in the logo with wood filler.  I actually did this step a few times until I couldn't feel any grooves with my finger.  Then sand off the excess so you have smooth finish.  This pic is before I sanded.


Then I painted with Rustoleum Heirloom White from Home Depot... so purdy!


I ordered my vinyl from the fabulous Shelley at Wonderfully Wordy.  She is awesome if you don't have a silhouette machine and need vinyl!  It was $3 including shipping.  I ordered it in my current fav - apple green!



Voila!  No more boring knife block!






11 comments:

  1. Very cool, I think I need to give my knife block a face lift- I keep thinking it's looking kind of ratty... Now I think I know what I'll do! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love HoH too! I will have to check out Wonderfully Wordy as I don't have a Silhouette (yet)! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. What an easy way to make something look so rich and stylish. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks for sharing the vinyl link too! :) M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Never would have thought to pretty up a knife block! Fun simple changes that makes a big impact!!! Love it, thanks for sharing!
    Come visit me, I am new to the blogger world!
    http://organizedcleandesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you so much for this idea!! I am totally going to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Now I just have to decide what color...I'm a new follower and loving your blog!
    Nicole @ www.thebakingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    thanks for this amazing blog!
    visit us for more details about us:
    ems body sculpting in burnaby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks. A Vampire Facelift is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses the patient's own blood to rejuvenate the skin.

    Vampire Facelift warrenton
    Vampire Facelift Culpeper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this informative information. Experience the rejuvenating magic of the Vampire Facial Culpeper at Lifestyle's MedSpa. This innovative cosmetic procedure combines cutting-edge technology with your body's natural healing abilities. Using your own blood, we extract growth factors and platelets, which are then applied to your face to stimulate collagen production, reduce fine lines, and enhance your skin's overall texture.

    ReplyDelete