Sunday, December 19, 2010

Buerge Breakfast Ring

All of my posts won't be about food, but if you know my family you know around Christmas time we LOVE to cook!  My Aunt Karen found this recipe a few years ago and we've made it every year since.  It is one of my favs and really easy to make!


What you need:
1- 8 count can Grand biscuts
1 # sausage, cook and drained
1# sharp cheddar cheese - grated
6 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)



Cut biscuits in half (horizontally)


Layer bottom of WELL greased bundt pan over lapping edges.

Layer sausage, onions and pour in eggs.


Top with Cheese then layer the other 8 halves of the biscuits.


Bake 350° 40-50 minutes


Looking beautiful already!  Take a knife and "loosen edges".  Not sure what that is technically called, but the goal is to loosen it up so when you flip it over it comes out all in one piece (trust me sometimes it's harder than it sounds).


Voila! Beautiful and yummy breakfast ring!

14 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I am definitely going to have to try this one. Thanks for linking up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Our family loves breakfast foods. We'll have to give this a try. Thanks for linking up on Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I have my ladies bible study group over to my home once a month and I will have to make this for them! Thank you so much for sharing this here =O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy yummy think this will be made for our family very soon thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fabulous, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this for breakfast. My husband said it was the best breakfast ever. My daughter who is EXTREMELY picky had two pieces. There is nothing left!! It was superb!! I will be doing a post on it later! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made this earlier this morning and it was so yummy! I did change it just a bit by using turkey sausage. This will be good to take to our Friday morning Bible studies. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my fav go to breakfast! It's easy and absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you make this recipe the night before?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you make this recipe the night before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I've never actually made it the night before. it's pretty quick to make in the morning. But we do always have leftovers and those heat up nicely so I don't see why not!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Hi there! I really like to get spicy sausage! I think I usually get jimmy Dean and then just brown it. :)

      Delete
  12. I have made this several times. It is so good. I didn't have breakfast sausage today so I used Jimmy Dean Italian sausage and used mozzarella cheese. Still excellent!!

    ReplyDelete