Monday, January 31, 2011

Wall Mount Flower Boxes


I am working on our Master Bedroom right now and wanted to come up with something fun and unique for the walls.  I came up with these wall mount flower boxes.  They are super cute and add just a touch of femininity without adding pink (which my hubby appreciates)!  

I found these great apple green hydrangeas at Michael's Dollar Days for $3 each (usually $5.99).


The galvanized metal bins are also from Michael's.  They are $5.99 each but I had a 40% off coupon!  woo hoo!  Love that!  I started out searching for a metal "something" that would hang on the wall but soon figured out I'd have to make my own.  I decided hot gluing a tooth hanger was the easiest method.  These metal bins can be used for so many different things, so I didn't want to do anything too permanent.  Not the prettiest method, but it worked!  Here's what it looks like:


I trimmed my flowers down (I did leave a little to bend on the end for more stability).  You can also use a little bit of styrofoam to help hold them in place.

They needed a little something extra, so I added some stick on numbers to the front.


I thought about stenciling the numbers, but decided I would rather leave it flexible so I can change them seasonally if I want.  I just used some stick on letters that I had.  They were red, so I painted them with some acrylic paint and stuck them on! 



The whole project cost me less than $30 and they are just so cute!!




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great photos too. Gotta love those 40% coupons! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fab! I'm thinking of all kinds of ways I could use those little tubs now! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Would love to see you at my weekend linky party :) http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I need to make them for my home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these!! They're so fresh and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to dress up your wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh I can't wait to try this one in my studio, I have the buckets already.
    Don't forget to link it in our linking party this week.

    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I'm trying to think where I could put this in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks great! i have just the place to do something like this. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love your blog!!!! I gave you an award!!!! Go check it out
    www.andnowformyfinaltrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea! they are gorgeous too! I love that you just hot glued to hanger to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. Think they would work with real plants??

    Visiting you from House of Hepworths.
    More Than A Mom @ morethana-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there- I'm a new follower. I found you above my name on house of smith for blogger awards...
    would love a follow back.. laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey girl, 2 more followers and you've hit 100, wooo hooo. Congrats!!!

    I fell in love with these beautiful planters when I saw them. I love the galvanized bin, and the bright green hydrangeas, the numbers, pretty much everything about it is sooo pretty.

    I adore hydrangeas, and so this was extra pretty for that reason. :)

    I am so happy to have FEATURED you in my sidebar this past week. Come grab a FEATURED button, and display it proudly girl. I will try writing up the featured post hopefully by tomorrow, but at least I got all the pics up in the sidebar on Tuesday!!

    I can't wait to see what you link up this week!!
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST**, and don't forget to enter the giveaway to Luxe Blvd. The lovely STeph, is giving away a $20.00 store credit to shop at her store.

    Many hugs girl!!!

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete