Sunday, January 9, 2011

Color Trends 2011!

One thing I've been dying to do lately is look up all the new color and design trends for 2011!  So, here is a rundown of what I've found for color trends, and I am LOVING them! 

(Drum-roll please....)

Pantone's 2011 color of the year - Honeysuckle!  I've never been a big "pink" person, but I think this year I may venture out of my "comfort colors" and add some pinks.  I'm sure the hubby will LOVE that!

From Pantone's press release, "Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it."


I am LOVING this color for room accents -  pillows, flowers, vases... 


Benjamin Moore's 2011 color of the year -  Vintage Wine!


From Benjamin Moore, "First seen on the fashion runways of New York, Paris, and Milan, this rich hue with a deep brown base and a hint of smoky violet is just as magnificent in the home."

Ahhh.... that just sounds dreamy.

Loving their use of this color in this mud room. They are pairing this with an "acidic green", which is also a hot color for 2011 (and one of my personal favs). 



ICI Dulux Color of the year - Citrus Yellow!

From ICI Dulux, "The Colour of the Year is a light, airy, citrus yellow that symbolises a freer spirit, sense of fun and positive energy".

I am a huge fan of ANY shade of yellow.  It is just such a happy color and can brighten any space!  I am definitely trying to figure out ways to incorporate more yellow in our home.  I used the fabric below from Joann's when I did my couch pillow revamp.


And I am loving this pillow from Crate and Barrel.


 Gray will also be very popular in 2011 to offset the bright accent colors.  Here are the top 5 from Benjamin Moore.


What other great sites have you found for color inspiration?


2 comments:

  1. I love the combination of Vintage Wine & Acidic Green together. If only I had a mudroom...thanks for letting me in on the colors for 2011!

    I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award! You can read about it here if you'd like:
    http://lwph.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Article and blog is very nice
    Thanks a lot sharing post

    ReplyDelete